9.03.2012

Just So Ya Know ...

My blog posts have been a bit few and far between these days, as I am sure you have noticed. It is not for lack of trying or material I can tell you that. When you head out on a camping trip and realize 45 minutes down the road that you have no blankets or pillows, you lead a life worth writing about.

Here's the deal, folks - I am busy!

When we made the move to Calgary last summer, I lost the job that I had, for obvious reasons. I didn't have much time to find something else, plus childcare, so I combined the two and opened up a dayhome. It worked for the first year, and is now starting to leave me with no energy, and even worse, no writing energy. By the time all the kids are gone home, I still have my own family to take care of. After dinner, cleaning up, bath time and putting AJ to bed, I am left with little time before I, myself, am off to dreamland. Honestly? The only thing I end up wanting to do is watch TV or troll facebook.

I have been plugging away at creating a home based business for a while, and believe I even mentioned it here before. There have been little jobs here and there which make me feel like I am still in the game, and now, the game is just beginning.

So far, this is what I have been working on:


  • CanadianMusicians.com - Social Media Manager, Contest Director and Ad Sales 
  • Suntset Homes - Blog Writer
  • Grumans Catering and Delicatessen - Promotions
  • WhatToExpect.com - Word of Mom Blogger 
  • Planning a wedding - Bride 
  • Dayhome - Childcare worker and pulling out my hair 


On the horizon:


  • Impact Society - Social Media Manager
  • ConsultWebs - Blogger 
  • "How To Become a WAHM" Kindle Series - Co-writer 


I have a meeting with a gentleman who runs a social media consulting business, this week as well. I apply for little writing jobs all the time, so I really feel I will have a full time home based business super soon.

So, with all this said ..... once I get my footing and have it all in place, I plan to make up a solid schedule where I will fit in time for personal blogging. I mean come on, if I am here telling companies to make an effort to blog about what they do .... should I not follow my own advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment