5.20.2012

Un-Domestic, Yet a Bit Domestic. Possible?

I am concerned that I am beginning to lose my un-domestic-ness. For most, this would be a good thing, but I like that aspect about me. I feel it makes me unique and just .... me.

And it forces me to realize that I am a grown-up.

I have been spending a better part of the last 34 years trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow-up, and here I am! All grown up with a family, a house and a career path that changes often, but yet is following a trail.

I started to question my un-domestic Goddess status last week when D made the comment that I am getting good at cooking. I made a kick ass pizza and the next day made an awesome beef and noodle thingy.

Then it really hit me today when I was gardening, for the first time in my life, and .... wait for it .....

I really enjoyed myself!

Can you believe it? Me, Leah, likes to garden!

I still wear latex gloves plus yellow rubber gloves and cry when I clean the toilet, I still make the oven smoke when I cook, and I still let my bookshelf get dusty, but maybe I am more of a domestic Goddess than I give myself credit for. Maybe my talents are shifting a bit.

I am still a Goddess either way.


Backyard flower box


Front yard flower bed 

No comments:

Post a Comment