2.26.2012

Fashion Police Fugitive

I am most definitely in a style rut. I would be scared of Stacy and Clinton stopping me on the street to tell me what not to wear, but I am never out of the house long enough for them to find me. And to be honest, the only place I frequent is Wal-Mart, and I highly doubt they ever wanna tackle that place for fashion violations.

This is my life.

Do not get me wrong, I love my life. I have a wonderful fiance who allows me to be moody, a bright, funny well behaved child, a supportive family, friends I can be ME around, and the ability to work from home.

These are all the reasons I am in a style rut. I blame everything above.

Today after I woke up I threw on a pair of Christmas PJ bottoms which did not pair nicely with my pink night shirt. But really, who cares what PJs look like?

After breakfast and a little internet time I decided to go get dressed. I came downstairs in grey capri leggings and a long black shirt that I call my moo-moo and happen to wear to bed once in a while. I stood in front of D and said, "Do you realize that me getting dressed was basically going from one set of PJs to another?" D shrugged his shoulders, as he simply doesn't care. He would love me in a paper bag unlike Prince Ronald from The Paper Bag Princess, which I read to AJ last night before bed.

It got me thinking about how I have all these clothes, but nothing feels right. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to dress up because I am just hanging out at home anyways, but on the other hand once in a while I wear something fancier on purpose just to feel better.

I have a gift card for Old Navy where I tend to do most of my shopping. I got it from D for Christmas because he wants me to treat myself to new clothes and I have a really bad habit of spending my money on AJ, not myself. Two months later I am yet to venture out and shop.

Why?

I need to feel better about myself, and wearing frumpy, dark colored outfits aren't helping. I want to shed some weight for the wedding and for myself. I want to feel like I deserve to dress nice even if it is just for a toddler who doesn't know the difference, and a fiance who loves me no matter what I have on.

I want to be like the girl who literally just appeared as I was writing this post.






No comments:

Post a Comment