2.28.2012

Book Boyfriends #2, #3 and #4

I am loving the term Book Boyfriend. My very first Book Boyfriend was the ever famous Edward Cullen. I was so obsessed with Edward while reading the Twilight series that when my Mom and I were shopping at Home Depot for bars to put on our main floor condo windows, I actually wondered how Edward would get inside my room via window if I had it barred up. Seriously.

A well written story accompanied by super hot protective men will make me fall in love with words on a page any day. I have since lightened my love for Edward, to a point, and opened my heart to other Book Boyfriends. There is a whole sea of them to be found, and after Edward I discovered three, all in one trilogy of books.




No story has haunted me so much since Twilight, until The Hunger Games

Before I begin telling you why, here is a confession. 

At first, I totally and completely judged a book by it's cover. 

After reading the books I now see how perfect all three covers are for the story, but when I came across the first book I automatically put it down thinking it was not my cup of tea. The only good thing that came out of taking so long to discover these truly unreal books was that once I read the first one, I didn't have to wait a year for the next.  I was privileged enough to read all three in a matter of weeks. And now I only have a short wait untill the movie

There were moments in the story that had my heart racing and I am pretty sure that I even sat on the edge of my seat more than once. All I thought about for weeks was the story of Katniss, a girl who actually did what we all dream do ...... she made a change. The best part is she didn't even know the impact she was having on people. A kick ass girl, and it came to her naturally. 

Now the moment you have all been waiting for. My Book Boyfriends #2, #3 and #4 - Peeta, Gale and Cinna. 

Peeta Mellark is a pure soul. Loving, protective, handsome, brilliant and exceptional. I like him because he is just there. Knowing a guy like him was out there in this world would make me feel safer. 

Gale Hawthorne is trustworthy, strong, sexy, loyal and devoted. He would be my first call if I were ever stranded.

Cinna. Oh Cinna. He is not a major player in the story, but he does have a huge presence. He is brilliant, creative, genuine and butterfly worthy. When certain events unfolded involving Cinna I sat and cried. He is one guy worth the tears. 

I also cried when I reached the end. I didn't want to get there too fast, yet I was unable to stop. 








No comments:

Post a Comment