3.22.2011

Look Who Came To Dinner Three Hours Early

I knew I was going to make a slow cooker roast this week, but wasn't sure what night. D usually refs sports  2 or 3 times a week and either has no time for dinner, or does not want a big meal (I don't mind though as it lets me off the hook!). We decided to do the roast for tonight ... but didn't make that decision until 8AM this morning. Seeing as the meat was frozen solid I panicked and put it in the crock pot on high to help it defrost a bit. Once I saw that it was all good I seasoned it up and set the temp on low.



All day the house has smelled so wonderful! I was checking on my meaty pride and joy every 30 minutes or so and was just beaming with accomplishment. I have made a few roasts like this and they always turn out pretty good. I know they are usually a bit well done for D's liking, but he never says anything. The last check I did was at 2:30PM ....... and it was DONE.

My roast is done just in time for a late lunch! That would be awesome if it wasn't meant for a 5:30 dinner!!



My plan now is to wrap it up in foil then throw it in the oven to warm up right before it's time to eat. I may even paint on a little bit of bold BBQ sauce for presentation.

This UN-domestic goddess is going to have a cup of coffee and watch The Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment