7.26.2012

I Do, Crafts - Centerpieces

I am determined for much of this June 1st, 2013 wedding to be DIY. It may end up as a "You do it for me" wedding, but either way crafts are certain to be involved!

My first project is centerpieces. Mason jars, or any kind of jar really is the main focus here. I have been Pinteresting, and Pinteresting, and Pinteresting ideas for the last few months and was coming up with cool ideas, but nothing that really felt like it suited me. I was torn between so many ideas, that I was getting very indecisive .

Then one day, as I was peering into my unused scrapbook supply, I came across some ribbons that were all miss-matched, yet matched perfectly together. Sort of like the current trend of ties and dress shirts. Nothing NEEDS to exactly match. Except for my fiance and I, we are like peas and carrots.

Or oil and vinegar depending on the day. Or time of the month.

Sorry, back to my riveting craft work.

I decided to keep the centerpieces simple but add a little spunk to them. With ribbons in one hand and a new glue gun NOT stuck to the other, I began creating my own mason jar candle holders.

Without giving away too much, here is what I have so far.



I would have made more,  but there is a certain toddler who decided that the ribbon and jars belonged to her and it was easier to just stop at that point. Plus, a wine and craft party (Lana) is in the works. Everything is more fun with wine! 

I plan to fill the jars with floating candles and maybe some flowers. Nothing fancy .... I would hate to take the focus off the most important subject ...... ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment