2.11.2014

While Waiting to be Rescued ...

AJ and I got locked out of the house today. Not really locked, but more like stuck. My key would not turn! Just simply would not budge! I tried the backdoor as well and for some reason I couldn't get the deadbolt to move either. Crap.

Here I was with a 3.5 year old, a truck full of groceries and it was -20! Plus, I had to pee. Not cool. I called D and he made his way to rescue us.

As AJ and I waited, she had the privilege of sitting in the front seat of the car. It was like a spaceship to her - she was WOWED! I didn't realize that she has never actually been in the front before. She was checking everything out and asking what everything was for. Then she made a few discoveries.

Please don't judge me.

"Wow Mom, you have my half eaten apple from last week in the cup holder."

"You have lots of paper and other pieces of garbage."

"Busted!"
As Moms we are lucky that our child don't judge us at such an early age. I appreciate that she seemed okay with her Mommy having a rotten apple in her car. I told her it was important to always have food in the car for emergencies. You know, in case a horse or bear tries to get in. You can throw the apple at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment