3.16.2012

Bubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

I have been cooking everyday, with the exception of a few Fridays, since Bella arrived in our home. I made a promise and kept it.

...............

Pausing for applause.

Thank you.

D and I never were ones for side dishes, other than veggies. Always lots of veggies. But since Bella has been here I am working side dishes into the mix. Nothing fancy, just things like rice, potatoes, a little garlic toast, or pasta sides. Ya know those little pouches of wanna-be pasta that make your dinner complete in the wink of an eye? Those.

I incorporated one into a meal this past week, and it turned out quite good if I do say so myself. But things didn't always look so promising. I had the pasta in it's milk and water bath, which actually sounds lovely, and I went to chat with D. After a few minutes forgetting what I was doing, I ran back into the kitchen to find this:



It was touch and go there for a bit, but in the end .... this Un-Domestic Goddess pulled it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment