2.14.2012

Wax Job

I decided to clean the oven today seeing as every time I have cooked in it the last while there has been nothing but smoke. I'd like to think a dirty oven is the problem, not my cooking, and cleaning is the only way to to prove that! Thank Goddess we have a self-cleaning oven.

Talk about smoke. There must have been something good and dirty inside that thing!

I turned the overhead fan on full blast, then remembered hearing that lit candles will also help eat some of the smoke. So I proceeded to place two large candles on the stove top ..... we have one of those glass top ranges ..... so ya. You can imagine what happened right?

Was I smart enough to put the candles in holders or at least on a plate?? Nope.

Ovens sure do get hot when they are self-cleaning! Really great for melting wax.

There would be photos but I was busy cleaning up a whole lot-a wax and trying to keep my toddler away from the very hot stove.

My advice to you?

 Hire a housekeeper.


Just like this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment