2.15.2012

It's a Girl! And She is Already Potty Trained

D's nine year old daughter is coming to live with us.

I have to admit I am pretty excited! I feel like it will bring back memories of when I was living with my Aunt and her three kids where I became sister close with Maggie who is now 15. We used to go shopping, for lunch and to movies all the time. She was a great excuse for me to go see films starring Hilary Duff or Amanda Bynes. I have a really odd like for (pre)teen things. I read a lot of young adult lit, love to watch iCarly and once had the best time ever at a Hilary Duff concert!

A teen trapped in a housewife's body.

Maybe that's why I can't cook and despise cleaning!

Either way I am going to have to pull up my big girl panties and stop being so scared of becoming "Suzy Homemaker" as my Mom calls it.

I have school lunches, actual well cooked dinners, and more laundry in my future. Which in reality was already there.

But I am also gaining a movie buddy and someone to chat with about girlie things. At least until AJ gets bigger!

It is just another thing to add to my to-do list:

  • Plan a wedding
  • Start a home-based business
  • Raise a child
  • And now ..... Step Mommy Boot-Camp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment