2.19.2012

Plan Ahead to Get Fed!

I guess it only took another addition to our home for me to start planning meals and actually cooking them.

For the past, oh I don't know ........ 78 Sundays I have sat down at my lap top to make up a meal plan for the week ahead, and not once have I followed through.

D and I tend to rotate between the same boring food. Basic things like chicken and a veggie. Beef and a veggie. Pizza. Sandwiches. Fajitas. Meat loaf and a veggie.

The reason being is that D will go play hockey or ref for the Calgary Sport and Social Club sometimes up to three nights a week.

Ok fine, and because I can't cook.

So it has always been tough to get a serious meal plan going when our activities can change pretty quickly. I got into a bad groove of not planning....... or cooking. Come to think of it, I should be a size 6 by now. Whenever D wasn't home for dinner I would usually just eat a salad or an apple.

Huh.

Anyways, now that Bella is here with us I am going to make a pact, right here right now, to plan ahead.

Here is my first attempt:

My fancy Glee calendar that I keep on the inside of our pantry door. I even have meals written down for the next week and a half! 



No comments:

Post a Comment