2.08.2012

The Bagel Incident

Ok, so onetime I saw this toaster at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I said to D "Hey, we NEED this!" It was a vintage, yet futuristic toaster with slots for bagels.

I. Love. Bagels.

I don't have one every morning, but I am a frequent bagel muncher. Normally I will buy a specific brand that come pre-cut, which is an amazing invention for gals like me. I am a lefty and we can't cut ANYTHING straight no matter how many dotted lines there may be.

I am pretty sure we all know that bagels have no business anywhere near a regular old toaster. The one we have here at home is called the Toaster Pro. Excellent for making toast. With bread. But in my mind, it's a pro, right? It MUST be able to toast bagels.

And technically it can.

Because I force it to. I force those bagel slices right in the bread slots as if I were sliding on a pair of jeans I wore in high school.

Every single time I make a bagel.



No comments:

Post a Comment