4.11.2011

Sticky Situation

The whole reason I began writing this blog was to share my struggles and triumphs as a first time Mother and Housewife. I didn't really have much going on so I was doing a lot of reflective writing.

But today is the day!

I am having my Mommy Group over tomorrow afternoon so I decided to make a cake. I had cake mix in the cupboard, which for this UN-domestic Goddess, is perfect. I learned a neat little trick about using diet soda in place of oil and eggs to cut down on the bad stuff and to also help make the cake moist. I have tried it before and it was pretty tasty; although I don't drink diet pop, so I use regular. The cake is good .... but .... I will just allow the photos to show you how well I did with the rest of it.


Ready for the oven!


I tired to get the cake out of the pan, but most of it didn't want to come out


I swear it never fell on the floor. Just looks that way. 

The Mommies will be getting cheese and crackers instead! 


1 comment:

  1. LOL :) It looks delish! Welcome to the Follow me, I Follow you group!

    You can visit my blog at http://theoliveparent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete