8.08.2012

Potato Fail

I am a lover of carbs. I eat a lot of veggies, but nothing feels better than a heavy carbohydrate. One of my faves is a good old potato. Baked, mashed, fried, french fried or even chippy. Potatoes are awesome.

D, however, is not a fan. He will eat fries, as it is so easy to forget they are even made of potatoes, plus they are so good. Because of this, we never have potatoes in the house, which is just fine with me. I know they are the enemy.

We have been doing a lot of BBQing the past month and that includes veggies. The BBQ just seems to add a certain flavor to a veggie that a steamer or pot can't. Yesterday as I was shopping for our veggie of the night, I picked up a small bag of baby yellow potatoes. I had this wonderful idea of making myself a potato and mushroom kabob. Easy enough.

Not for me!

My first mistake was having the idea to do this, period. My second mistake was putting a food that cooks quickly on the same skewer as a food that takes much longer to cook. My third mistake was not pre-cooking the potatoes before throwing them on the BBQ. My fourth mistake was changing the plan and trying to fry them on the stove over high heat to make the process faster.


Potato Fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment