1.18.2014

My Little Firefighter

As AJ and I were driving home from her daycare the other day, we saw a fire truck. She thought it was so cool! Then she began talking about how she was going to be like Fireman Sam when she was not a kid anymore. I told that was a great idea.

Funny enough, I was making dinner tonight and the oven was smoking. Not because I was burning food - there was something on the bottom of the oven from the last time it almost smoked us out of the house. Pretty sure it is grease from the meat loaf I made last week.

Yes, I realize I need to clean it.

Anyways, I opened the oven and smoked poured out, which triggered our overly sensitive smoke detector. I grabbed a towel so I could wave it around under the detector to make it stop. Who was already there? My little firefighter. AJ was there flailing her blankie like a crazy kid to help her mommy.

Either her choice to be a firefighter is truly her calling - or I burn dinner too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment