11.27.2012

I Wonder How It Tasted

I love a pot of homemade soup. I have no real clue how to make it, but I still give it the old college try now and then. I usually end up with a soup worthy of a hospital cafeteria as opposed to Tim Horton's, but it's edible none the less. 

After today, I will be sticking to Campbell's. 

I had some beef cubes leftover from a fabulous fondue party that D "arranged" for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I use "arranged" loosely because he may have invited my partner- in -wine and her hubby over, but I did all the work. That's a post for another day.

Anyways, the plan was to make a stew, or soup type dish with these leftover beef cubes. D found an Un-domestic Goddess proof recipe for a beef vegetable soup which I made yesterday. Smelled yummy, looked yummy, and probably tasted yummy. But I wouldn't know.

I made it late in the day with the idea of having it for lunch the rest of the week. D is not really a soup guy, so it was all for me and AJ. By the time it appeared to be ready, I unplugged the crock pot with full intentions of transferring the contents to a smaller pot to then put into the fridge - after I put AJ to bed. I wanted it to cool down a little bit first. We unfortunately had one of those bad "I don't wanna go to bed" nights that ended up in me carrying AJ back up to bed about 6 times. When she finally decided to stay in bed - I was ready for mine.

So yeah, I woke up this morning to find my soup still in the crock pot sitting on the counter - cold.

I plain old forgot about it.

Here is proof that it existed:



No comments:

Post a Comment