9.27.2012

Now Hiring: Home Inventory Coordinator

I thought of a really cool job today! Home Inventory Coordinator. This is not something I wish to do, but I encourage others out there to give it a shot.

The basic job description is this:

Someone who comes into a home and takes an inventory of food, and health and beauty products. For instance: The Home Inventory Coordinator (HIC) will conduct a weekly inventory on the contents of the home owner's fridge and pantry. Health and Beauty products, usually located under a bathroom sink, or in a linen closet will get an inventory taken on a monthly basis. Reports will be printed, therefore, making trips to the grocery, or drugstore more affordable for the home owner. A regular inventory can help eliminate any wasted food that has been duplicated, and also lessens the "OMG, no one told me we needed butter!" issue. 


 In a previous post I mentioned how I happened upon like, three unopened containers of sour cream in our fridge, as well as stuff that just shouldn't have been in there. Well today, I made a roast chicken for dinner and, being the good housewife I am, I also decided to make some nice gravy to go with it. As I searched the spice cupboard for packages of Turkey Gravy mix, which I discovered two of, but also found seven packages of Brown Gravy Mix. SEVEN. When I told D about what I found he said that when he made a trip to the store the other day, he passed it in the isle and grabbed a package. Ya know, just in case. As he was putting it away, the other six packages came tumbling out. We now realize we have enough.



To make matters even crazier, I happily surprised D today with six bars of Irish Spring soap that were on sale. We all know D loves a good sale! And that is why we already had 10 bars under our bathroom sink.



Either we need to hire a HIC, or we need a therapist.

PS - I claim bringing brown gravy to our next family dinner!

1 comment:

  1. I do that too! Don't ask me how much chalkboard paint I have! :)

    ReplyDelete