3.10.2011

Ya know how us girls usually have had our weddings planned out since we married Barbie to Ken? What happens when you feel like it will never be like that? Is Vegas the easy way out?

I have always wanted the princess ball gown wedding dress, 5 brides maids, champaign toasts and ... to be honest..... a day all about ME! I really hate being the centre of attention, but I am a die hard romantic. I want my groom to gaze up at me while I walk down the isle and see in his eyes how much he adores me. I want him to mess up his vows and for everyone to laugh. I dream of a traditional wedding full of ooooos and awwwws and little girls who will go home that night and dream of their own big day.

My boyfriend D wants to get married. I have no doubt he does. He has agreed for us to have a traditional ceremony and reception as I have pictured my whole life. My only concern is that he has been there done that. He married his high school sweetheart once. Will it make our day less special? More special? The same? He tells me that it will be even better, but I can't help having thoughts. I feel almost sad.

I often wonder if I should just save us some time and money and hop a plane to the City of Lights. I know he would do that in a second. But no! I want my dream wedding. Is it ok for me to still believe in that dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment